BSK/ENTO/UAF- 01; dated 17-05-2014
The Respected Members
Subject: Nomination request for the Award 2014 (ESA)
It is submitted with respect that the undersigned is a regular member of ESA for the current year having an ID: 85243 and request here for the nomination of the following award of ESA 2014. The complete CV (teaching, research, extension, awards, experience, honors, publications and student numbers produced) (pdf) is attached herewith.
Award Category: Thomas Say Award
Reasons for the justification of the said award
- The applicant is a young teacher/ scientist from a developing country. For more than 100 years, these awards are considered the best motivators for research/ teaching & learning regarding its economic values in agricultural sector for food security.
- The applicant never visit abroad in his professional carrier as faculty member of a Public Sector University and hoping this opportunity will certainly boost the academic and research paraphernalia.
- Currently the applicant is supervising Masters/ PhD students & also working as committee/ special member regarding the arachnid studies (systematic/ biology/ control) and IPM of crop insect pests.
- Such awards definitely will provide the best possible solution of questions related to crop production as well as protection practices.
- This research awards would be a part of a professional homework in teaching, research and faculty development. It will also lay the foundation for future growth, security and sustainability.
- US embassy has already issued the visa due to significance of scientific meetings, trainings and agricultural workshops for a university teacher.
- Awards increase the international collaboration in scientific projects/ funds/ MOUs.
- MSc. Entomology student produced (degree awarded)=19
- MSc. Entomology students produced as committee member (degree awarded)= 21
- PhD students in hand as supervisor & committee member=04
- National research trainings completed=13
- Research Publications= 30
- Abstract published= 28
- Article published= 07
- Membership societies=03
Dr. Bilal Saeed Khan (PhD)
Lecturer, Department of Entomology,
University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
Office: 00 92 41 9200161-69/ 2906, Cell: 0092 321-6646852