I respectfully request your input.
The curriculum committee of our entomology department is preparing to review how we teach courses for grad students. I would like to know what other units do.
- Do you require a core of courses— if yes, what are they?
- Are the courses for MS and PhD students?
- Are grad students required to pass prelim exams in disciplinary areas of entomology (whether or not you have a core)?
- If core courses are taught, are they a semester long?
- Is anyone doing insect physiology in half a semester? If so, please enlighten me as to how it is taught-- e.g., is it 8 intensive weeks? Insect Physio "lite"?)
Washington State University
Department of Entomology