The month of March is coming to a close (already!) without a peep on this network. How have you been celebrating this month? Have you nominated a deserving woman for an award http://www.entsoc.org/about/awards-honors?
Back in February, I was among the women asked to participate in a new blog celebrating the women in science (WIS) associated with the University of Illinois' Prairie Research Institute https://illinois.edu/blog/view/7283 and today my story came out on Twitter, Facebook, and the WIS blog. It's based on six questions, and we were asked to submit photos. I thought this exercise would also make good conversation starter for this group:
- How old were you when you first became interested in science? What sparked your interest?
- What is your field of study and what made you decide to pursue that field?
- Who has been a mentor to you in your science career?
- What is the focus of your research?
- What is the best part of your job, and what work are you most proud of?
- What advice would you give to other female scientists?
Pick one or all of these and share, or craft your own question and answer it. We often think we're alone in our paths, our thoughts, and it's good to find other kindred spirits.